Welcome to SPD Parent Zone!
I’m so glad you’re here.
My name is Kelly Jurecko. I’m the co-Founder and President of SPD Parent Zone.
It’s been nine years since a team of therapists from Early Intervention diagnosed my oldest son with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD). Before that evaluation I had never heard of Sensory Processing Disorder or the acronym SPD. At that point in my life, our family life seemed so chaotic. Most nights I would get into bed feeling utterly exhausted. I felt hopeless.
Today our world is totally different. My oldest son has gone from severe SPD with a major speech delay to pretty much being like any other typical fifth-grade boy — who loves to talk. (My daughter says he’s making up for those four years he didn’t speak.) My youngest son was also diagnosed with SPD when he was 18 months old, and today he no longer exhibits symptoms of SPD.
In the past seven years, I have talked to thousands of families from all over the world through SPD Parent Zone. A majority of those families are just starting out their journeys and feeling the same hopelessness I had felt after my son was diagnosed. I started SPD Parent Zone so I could make it a little bit easier for those who followed in my footsteps. I wanted to provide them with answers and hope. If that’s where you are in your journey right now, welcome! I’m so happy you’re here. There is so much hope and things are going to get so much better!
Our mission is to raise awareness about Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), to provide hope and help to families that have children/teens/adults with SPD
Providing hope and help…we do this through:
- our FREE Podcasts, by interviewing the top experts in the field to let families know they aren’t alone, there is so much help, and things will get so much better.
- our Online Sensory Series, bringing together the top experts in the field that share their tools and strategies to help our sensory loved ones. You can view these conferences from the comfort of your own home at your convenience. Included are unlimited access to the recordings of each of the presentations.
- The cost of these conferences are $10-$30 (we want to keep the cost very low to make them accessible everyone). We also provide certificates for teachers/educators to receive credit hours for attending the conferences.
- Our online courses: a more in depth teaching of the tools and strategies to help your sensory loved one.
- In-person Workshops for Parents & Educators
- Working one-on-one to these incredible families….#1 all time favorite thing to do:)
If you have any questions, need help, want to vent, or would like to chat, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to talk with you:)